CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Quotes I Like

Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is
practical, expect more than others think is possible.
- Anonymous
~ ~ ~
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
~ ~ ~
Life is 10% what happens to you and
90% what you do with what happens to you.
- Anonymous
~ ~ ~
~ There are more quotes scattered about ~

Monday, September 4, 2006

Miss Kitty is happy

D and K arrived home on Friday. Miss Kitty was hiding under the bed, but after a bit D managed to coax her out. Miss Kitty wanted D to pet her, then she wanted out, then she wanted back in to be petted, then she wanted out and so it went, back and forth. I think she just wanted to make sure the door still worked. ;-) On Saturday they took Big Bear and I out for a very nice dinner as a thank you for taking care of their place while they were gone.

We've had a very laid back weekend. Did a little bit of yard and garden stuff on Sunday afternoon. Gave the neighbor some tomatoes and they in turn gave us some apples (hopefully I'll get around to making a pie with them). Today Big Bear put new air filters on both vehicles and even washed them! I did some painting - I'm trying out some prospective house colors on the shed. I figured that painting the new shed with the colors I had picked out was a good way to make sure I liked them before buying enough to do the whole house. I'm happy with the blue (medium grayish blue) that I picked for the siding and the white for the trim, but am not happy with the color I picked for the doors. I wanted a burgundy and that's what it looked like on a small chip, but it's way to violet/magenta. Luckily I painted a bench on the patio first to try it out when I saw how magenta it was. Even though it darkened a lot once it was dry it's still not the color I was after. I'm going to have the store add some more black and brown to it and see if that does the trick.

Tomorrow I'm going over to a friends to help her tie some baby quilts that she donates to a hospital. Maybe I can actually remember to take the paint with me and get the color corrected.

No comments:

"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success.
- Louisa May Alcott