CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Quotes I Like

Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is
practical, expect more than others think is possible.
- Anonymous
~ ~ ~
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
~ ~ ~
Life is 10% what happens to you and
90% what you do with what happens to you.
- Anonymous
~ ~ ~
~ There are more quotes scattered about ~

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Good News

Although the Thanksgiving weekend brought sadness with the loss of a family friend in a boating accident on the Willamette River(and they still haven't found his body) it also brought some good news. Our son and daughter-in-law announced that they are expecting. This will be their first child and our first grandchild. We're very excited and they've asked if I would help care for it when she returns to work. The baby is due in July and she'll have 3 months maternity leave. They live just half a mile from us so I'll get to be the hands on Grandma I've always hoped to be. I hope I'm up to the task energy wise. I was a young mom, but my kids are late having their kids so I'm going to be an older grandma. It's inspired me to start sewing and quilting again. I want to make lots of wonderful clothes and blankets and toys for this new little one. Of course, that means I have to get organized and clear out all the boxes and junk so I can even get into my sewing room to clean it up and do all that sewing.

No comments:

"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success.
- Louisa May Alcott